If you know the basics of five-card stud poker, then Live Caribbean Stud Poker will prove to be a fairly easy game for you to learn and play. You only need to keep in mind, that you are here playing against the Dealer, not the other players so you don’t need to worry about figuring out everyone else’s poker strategy. It is also a great and superb way to win money and you won’t be able to sit and relax while you’re playing it as it’s jam-packed with thrilling decisions.
How to play Live Caribbean Stud Poker
This live table game is played with a 52 card deck that is swapped after each hand for a freshly shuffled deck. You place an Ante bet which will then be followed by 5 cards being dealt. The dealer will then receive 5 cards but will only show you the first card.
You can then decide on whether to place an additional bet or fold. This in turn will lead to the dealer revealing his remaining 4 cards. The poker hand with the highest value wins.
What is a Caribbean Stud Ante?
The Caribbean Stud Ante is a mandatory bet so if you want to play Live Caribbean Stud Poker you have to make the ante bet.
What is the main aim of Live Caribbean Stud Poker?
The aim of this game is for you to beat the dealer by producing a poker hand that is stronger than the dealer’s. At the beginning of the game, both the player and the dealer will get 5 cards each. While players can have a peek at their cards right away, only one of the dealer’s cards is a hole card. The rules are fairly easy and you can easily improve your chances of winning by applying a few proven strategies.
Live Caribbean Stud Poker and Strategies
Implementation of strategy can help you refuse the house edge but this must be applied correctly and at the right time. Caribbean Stud Poker is a poker variant that is friendly to all players with various sizes of bankrolls.
Basic Strategy in Live Caribbean Stud Poker
The basic strategy include 3 main points:
- Avoid folding small pairs – Folding small pairs is one of the most common mistakes beginners make. In the case of Caribbean Stud Pokers, players more often than not will find themselves getting pairs often. In the long run, these small pairs tend to be extremely valuable which means folding them can end up costing you money.
- Avoid playing weak hands – Players with a weak and unplayable hands must at all costs fold as otherwise, you will lose money in the long run. You must fold if you have a hand weaker than the Ace and King combination.
- Play the Ace and King combination properly – If you get this two card combination then you should only play if the other card in your hand matches the dealer’s face-up card. You must be sure that your hand is always strong enough to beat the dealer
Advanced Strategy in Live Caribbean Stud Poker
Once you have grasped the very basics of this game, it is time for you to move on to the advanced strategy. If you can understand and implement this strategy properly, then you will successfully be able to convert this game into a player friendly game:
- Always raise on a hand comprising of pairs or better
- Fold hands that are lower than Ace and King
If you find that your first two cards are an Ace and a King, follow our advice:
- Raise only if your third card is a Queen or a Jack and if the dealer’s face-up is a King or an Ace
- Raise only if the dealer’s face-up card is a Queen or lower and which forms a pair with a card in their hand.
- Raise if their third card is a Queen and their fourth card is better than the face-up card of the dealer.